Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sickly Chicken and Twilight

Yes, I am the sickly chicken I am referring to. Am I really sick? I don't know. But I sure feel like it. I haven't had an appetite for a few days. And for me, that's extremely strange, since I usually want to eat everything in sight.



And today, whilst paying a visit to T.J. Maxx, I had some kind of spell. (Not a crazy spell--I'm always crazy. No spells needed.) I got really hot, felt like I couldn't breath, and suddenly felt very tired. I just had to leave. Which was pretty disappointing, because they had some good Christmas items.

Before anyone says it, no--I do NOT have mono. JC had it right before our wedding (I won't get into the fact that he was playing at a middle school World Changers event.... hmmmm....) and I never got it then. With that kind of exposure, if I were ever going to get it, that would have been the time.

But... something good has come from this. I recently (read: yesterday) decided I would finally get with the program and read the Twilight books. Since I felt like I couldn't do anything else, I read that book all day. And I do mean all day. I thought it was going to be ridiculous, high school-ish and a huge waste of time until I remembered that I also read Harry Potter and loved it. And isn't that kind of... ridiculous.... and geared toward high schoolers? Kthanks. So I decided to read Twilight. And oh. My. Gosh. It is ridiculous. And it is high-schoolish. But do I love it? As Sarah Palin would say, "You betcha." I read the entire 400+ page book yesterday, and am now about half-way through with New Moon today. Just to throw my two cents in there, this is a toughie for me. Does Bella love Edward more than life itself? Obviously. But geez--Jacob is just so sweet. Ugh. And unfortunately for me, I already know how it ends--at least who she picks. Thanks to my sister for telling me (at two different points in time) how much she loved a certain character and then later how she hated the last book. I may be no genius, but I can put two and two together (= 5). Obviously Bella doesn't end up with.... ha! I won't ruin it for you. :-) But I must admit that I do love the books, and I wish Stephenie Meyer would get over her crying phase ("Wah! They leaked my book and now I'm so hurt I'll never be able to write again!"--I guess we know where Bella's character gets her flare for the dramatic...) and write some more books. Sheesh.

Okay, sorry about that lapse back into high-school-hood. But for real--if you haven't read them and have a five-day weekend (as I do) and nothing else to do because you can't / won't / don't want to get out of the recliner, read Twilight!

P.S. If you wonder about the post title--"Sickly Chicken"--it comes from the show Shark Tank which I have become obsessed with recently. I think it's now in between seasons, but one of the investors on the show is pretty rude and calls everyone a "crazy chicken". As in, "Take the money, you crazy chickens!" Hilarious. So now the word "chicken" has found its way back into my vocab. Another trip back to high-school days.

9 comments:

  1. Hey. Hey. My dislike of the fourth book has nothing to do with which of them Bella chooses. By that point, I would've been happy enough for Bella to die in a ditch somewhere (ooh...so hateful) and Jacob to move on with his life.

    No, no indeed. When you read the atrociousness that is Breaking Dawn, you will want to laugh and cry...and not in the good way.

    I'm not just an overly harsh book critic. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started re-reading the books in prep for New Moon. I'm really hoping that this movie is a much higher quality than the Twilight movie-- that was far too high-schoolish for my tastes and I thought the plot was so under-developed! Sigh... Anyway- enjoy the books. I'm excited to reread them so I can fully digest all of the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost finished with Eclipse. I officially can't stand one of the guys at the moment...blah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl!

    1st - so sorry you don't feel well.

    2nd - I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU ON THE TWILIGHT BOOKS!!! I resisted reading Twilight for the longest, and once I did - I was a goner. I went and bought all the others and read them one right after the other. Swoon, I heart them!

    3rd - Thank you SO much for entering my giveaway! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kelly! You're the winner of my PB Gift Card giveaway! Check it out ... http://getyourmarthaon.blogspot.com/2009/11/and-winner-is.html

    Please email me at ampirlot at charter dot net and we'll arrange to get you the gift card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I see you just won a PB gift card...that oughta make you feel better! :) thanks so much, Kelly for coming by my blog today....and perhaps you will be a winner there, too! We will see....anyway nice to meet you and I hope you'll come back often!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful blog! I'm so glad to meet you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon, Kelly! I'll be back to check on you.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, becoming a follower and posting my giveaway on your sidebar. Lots of entries for you, my dear!
    See you again soon.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those books can really suck ya in can't they??

    Also, the new movie is hours away!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete