Saturday, December 5, 2009

Roll Tide!

For all those of who you don't know, JC and I went to the University of Alabama. While we were there, the football team was only so-so, but last year and this year (after Nick Saban become the head coach), things have really started to look up. We were fortunate enough to get tickets to the SEC championship game tonight, and it was a GREAT game! We stayed about an hour after it was over just to watch the trophy presentation and chat with other fans. It was even more important because the winner was going to the BCS National Championship in Pasadena. Obviously, that is us! Too exciting. So, even though I swore I never would spend that much on football tickets, we are now seriously considering  taking a trip to Pasadena and purchasing tickets. Are they outrageously expensive? Of course. But with my Skymiles and Marriott points, the rest of the trip should be nearly free. So... be on the lookout for (hopefully an exciting) update about our championship travels. ROLL TIDE!

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I was saying Roll Tide to my husband this weekend and he was wondering how I knew about that. I told him that I was cool too! Congrats. I'm excited because the Buckeyes are going to the Rose Bowl this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun! I'm checking through some of your previous posts and you have some great thrifty tips and coupon treasures here. Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally posted a comment on here the other night. Did you remove it? I was warning you that Claude had informed us before the game that if he got tickets he was paying off his car. I hope you guys get to go!

    ReplyDelete