Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My First Blog Award!

My sweet friend Bethany over at The Vaughns gave me this lovely Beautiful Blogger award!




Bethany and her husband Alex lived in the same apartment complex as we did, right after we got married. They were good friends to us, and have since had their own precious little boy! Anyway, Bethany also loves thrifty projects, and she is an excellent artist. You should check her out!

So the rules are that I must post 7 random things about myself. Let's see...

1. My husband and I (semi) met on facebook. (Don't judge me... and we actually went to the same church, too.)

2. I love free/cheap things. (You probably already knew this.) But I love getting a good deal more than just about anything in the world.

3. I never watch awards shows (Grammys, Oscars, etc.). I just look at the pictures of the dresses afterward.

4. I was on the UA women's rowing team in college.

5. I am not like most people... summer is my least favorite season.  (Fall is my favorite.)

6. I seem to like to plan to do things more than I actually do things.

7. I hate scary movies.

Now I need to pass this on to seven more people:

1. Jen at Noting Grace. Jen has some great DIY projects!

2. Kim at NewlyWoodwards. She also has great projects and apparently we like the same designs, since one of our inspiration rooms is exactly the same.

3. Kristen at We Are THAT Family. Kristen is such a beautiful person, inside and out. Right now she is on a mission trip with Compassion, International. You can read about it on her blog.

4. Heather at Mrs. Southern Bride. She and her husband are absolutely precious. I love reading their date night stories and looking at her photography.

5. Brittany at Superwoman. She is currently doing a series called "31 Days to a Healthier, Happier You!"

6. Anne at Fiona and Twig. There is so much eye candy on this blog! Her vintage style is right up my alley.

7. Sasha at Lemonade Makin' Mama. This girl is hilarious. Hilarious, I tell you! And she has the cutest kids. And the cutest blog.

5 comments:

  1. YOU are precious!! Oh man I needed that little bit of blog lovin today, let me tell you!

    My "cute kids" are driving me bonkers!! I corrected two assignments where my "cute son" had decided to write answers that were plucked straight out of his hiney! Because they were WRONG and stupid!! (don't ever tell him I called his ridiculous answers in biology and vocab stupid. Thanks)

    These are the days I have no idea why I am homeschooling, and then I get an award and I stop caring about homeschooling and bask in the glow of awards.

    So here's me basking.

    Thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout-out. Clearly, we both have excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, thank you! Totally made me happy! :)


    I am with you on #3! I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - you totally rawk! I've been meaning to gush, er, effervesce... um - THANK YOU for a while now. I've been up to my eyes in paint, (not literally) so I'm way behind in catching up on things. Anyhoo - to group lil' ole me in with these other pros - let alone coming from someone as creative as yourself .... well I'm just beside myself. I'm so humbled. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blogger award!

    ReplyDelete