Saturday, January 30, 2010

There's No Escape

Honestly, I think the snow is following us. If you remember, I told you about the blizzard that occurred when I was in NYC in December, resulting in a cancelled flight and a 20-hour drive through the blizzard. Well, now we are in DC for work, and this is happening.


Since it's too cold (I've heard single digits with the wind-chill) to be out and about, we decided to do something indoors and walked over to the Smithsonian. We heard we were only getting a couple of inches of snow, but I have my doubts about that number. I mean, you can barely even see the Washington Monument!





And by the time we left the Smithsonian and retraced our steps, it was snowing so hard the monument was totally obscured--you wouldn't have even known it was there! So now we are hoping that another one of our flights won't be cancelled. I'll be staying until Thursday, but JC is supposed to go back tomorrow. His first day at his new job is Monday, so missing his first day or having to drive back a long way is not a good way to start the week.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are plagued! Stop traveling in the winter! Im praying its just a little snow like they said and all will be well for JC's flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--I want to take out kids there to see all the sites.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add my button for 5 more chances on that P for Poole or Peoples--I can't win though.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete