Thursday, January 14, 2010

Update on NYC

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to deliver the promised posting on our NYC trip. I would love to say that it was because I haven't had time. I have been really busy--don't get me wrong--but that is definitely not the reason. It's just because uploading pictures onto my computer just really seems to be one of those tasks that I hate. Kind of like folding the laundry... it's not really that difficult, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to do it, but I just really don't like it.

Anywho, we were in NYC for training for my job, and it was Christmas time. I need not tell you guys how wonderful NYC is at Christmas--or maybe I do. That place is absolutely fab in December! We were there for a week, so we had plenty of time to entertain ourselves.



The Rockefeller Christmas Tree.



The beautiful fountain in Bryant Park. It's right next to the NY Public Library; if you look closely, you can see that there are icicles on the fountain.





JC also planned a really sweet date for us while we were there. I came back to the room on Tuesday after training, and I found a precious little note with some roses on the bed; it said that he had planned a surprise date for me. Our first stop was...



Yaye! JC told me I could pick out whatever I wanted (okay, to clarify, we are talking "silver floor" here, not "out-of-control-expensive diamond floor"). I picked a beautiful open-heart silver necklace (I haven't taken a picture yet, but maybe at some point...). Then we went on a carriage ride tour through Central Park on our way to Tavern on the Green. How sad is it that this place is closing down after 75 years? (And don't get me started on why... the stupid city of New York thinks it can manage the place better and make more money. Isn't it always that way--the government thinking it can be more efficient than private citizens? Ugh.)

Tavern on the Green is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I would have taken a picture of the outside, because you can see it nearly from across the park. The outside is lit up with all kinds of white lights, and the inside looks like this...



Incredible.

Anyway, I must now proceed to tell you about the best part of our trip. Let's just say there was a canceled flight, an attempt by Delta to reschedule it for Christmas day (not happening), and a blizzard. Then there was a rental car driving through the blizzard for 20 hours, and finally arriving in KY where there was just minimal snow.














Aren't those some great views? I really wish we got snow in the ATL. *sigh* Anyway, now you know what went down in NYC (and during the ensuing 20-hour drive to return home). It was still a great trip. :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment