Monday, October 19, 2009

DIY Fall Wreath

I love autumn, and I love wreaths. But I hate autumn wreath prices. Hobby Lobby's wreaths are $30 and up (and that's half off, usually). I can't justify spending that much money, but I wanted one--badly. So I decided to make one myself. I bought this wreath at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 (half off the original $5).



I also bought a leafy garland for $5 (half off $10) and some berry sprigs ($1 a piece). The garland was 20 feet long, plenty to wrap around the wreath several times. I then broke apart the berry stems and stuck them haphazardly in the wreath.


I decided to hang the wreath with a strip of burlap; I saw this idea here and loved it. Just cut a piece about 3-4 inches wide, drape it over the top of your door, and put tacks in it to hold it there (I had to put about 6 I think). I think it looks very "autumn-y".


In total, this project cost me about $9 and took approximately 10 minutes. Not too bad!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, Surprise, I found you from my feedjit! Thanks so much for the link on your side bar. Appreciate it so much. Love your recipe for taco soup! I'm so glad it's easy, cause that's the way I do things, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I have some of those wreaths around the house so maybe I can whip something up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love those grapevine wreaths.

    ReplyDelete