Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall is Here!

After doing my daily blog-browsing, I decided it was time to not only be excited about Christmas decor, but all seasonal decor. Since it's October, it seemed like a good time to start. I drove myself to Hobby Lobby, where I indulged myself in the 50% off fall/autumn section. However, I know they will soon change that to 80-90% off, a little further into the season, so I kept my purchases to a minimum. When that time comes, I will definitely be one of the first in line to buy more.

Anyway, here's our mantle. You may notice that some of the tags are still on--I took pictures as soon as I put everything up. They won't stay for long!



This is probably my favorite piece:


Now I know that my outdoor decorations are not exactly up to par. But that's about all I have time for this year.


Next year I hope to have some more time, and maybe have something more like this, from Debra at Common Ground, or like this, from Aunt Ruthie. They are both so talented! Of course for Halloween the pumpkins above (as well as some others, possibly) will be carved with nothing other than fabulous script A's (for all you Alabama fans out there), but that will come later.

1 comment: