Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November Goals

If you know me at all, you know I love lists. I love making them, I love checking them over and over (because I always forget what's on there), and I love crossing things off.

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I am a Type A.

Anywho, I got this great idea from Kim over at NewlyWoodwards, who is always having great ideas. She has a monthly list of things she wants to accomplish (sounds like my kind of gal), and they are all posted on the side of her blog. Each time she accomplishes or finishes something on her list, it is crossed off. After all, what's a list if you don't have the giddy excitement of crossing off your accomplishments?

So I am making a November list. Mind you, I am a very ambitious individual--sometimes (read: always) I try to take on more than I actually can accomplish. But maybe my list will teach me that--that I need to cut down the amount of things I try to do at once. Without further adeiu (because I know you're so excited for it), here is my November list.

Fun:
Finish Christmas shopping.
Plan for NYC. (Yes, I was just there last year. No, I will never get tired of NYC at Christmas.)




DIY/Crafting:
Sew something new.
Paint the Goodwill sleigh.
Finish Christmas sign for entryway.

Cooking:
Try one new dinner recipe. (Suggestions?)
Bake Spanish Cream Cake and another dessert for family Thanksgiving. (If anyone has any suggestions on a must-have Thanksgiving favorite, let me know.)

Gardening:
Trim hedges. (We haven't gotten around to this in a while--luckily ours don't grow very fast!)
Decide on window boxes for the bay window.

Home:
Take down fall decor and decorate for my favorite season.
Organize craft room.




It would be really great if it would look like that, but I have my doubts.

Wellness:
Work out 3 times a week. (Yes, I did used to work out more like 5-6 times per week, but I am now a working woman, not a free-as-a-bird college kid. These adjustments are tough.)
Stick to the Abs Diet. (I started this two-and-a-half weeks ago, and it has been wonderful so far. I feel a lot better since I'm not eating as many processed carbs and sugar, but I still have a cheat meal to satisfy whatever cravings I want. It really seems more to me like a lifestyle change--kind of like Weight Watchers, which I also love--that simply promotes healthy eating habits. I've already lost 5 lbs.)

What do you want to accomplish this month?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    Thanks for your nice comments on my blog and letting me know my Follow Me wasn't working. I fixed it.

    Great goals! I'd just like to keep up with laundry this month!!

    I hope to keep seeing you around

    Stef
    http://frugalhomeideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I have that EXACT craft center/room in my home "wish" file. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU! Okay... I just love list makers and type A people... they speak my language...

    You and I can be BFF's (Blog friends forever) now that I know we have this in common!! lol

    Blessings,
    LMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! That's right! I'm dogsitting again this winter! Curse you, hermana!

    :( You never take me on the trips. You always leave me at home with the doggies...I think I'll go boohoo in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I love making lists each month, I may not do everything, but at least I can try to stay on track. =) Good luck.

    And....enjoy Twilight! =)

    ReplyDelete